While she was speaking, she shared about her call to missions and how she had started using John Wesley's daily questions for accountability. I had heard about this before, but this got me really wanting to take a look and see if this would be something to use to take another step closer to the Lord. So I Goo.gle.d it and I did find this portion... which is plenty enough to keep me on my toes.
1. Am I consciously or unconsciously creating the impression that I am better than I am? In other words, am I a hypocrite?Are you ready for the challenge? How about joining me? Print out these questions and ask yourself these questions each night before you go to bed? I think it will help us live more Christ-like lives.
2. Am I honest in all my acts and words, or do I exaggerate?
3. Do I confidentially pass onto another what was told me in confidence?
4. Am I a slave to dress, friends, work , or habits?
5. Am I self-conscious, self-pitying, or self-justifying?
6. Did the Bible live in me today?
7. Do I give it time to speak to me everyday?
8. Am I enjoying prayer?
9. When did I last speak to someone about my faith?
10. Do I pray about the money I spend?
11. Do I get to bed on time and get up on time?
12. Do I disobey God in anything?
13. Do I insist upon doing something about which my conscience is uneasy?
14. Am I defeated in any part of my life?
15. Am I jealous, impure, critical, irritable, touchy or distrustful?
16. How do I spend my spare time?
17. Am I proud?
18. Do I thank God that I am not as other people, especially as the Pharisee who despised the publican?
19. Is there anyone whom I fear, dislike, disown, criticize, hold resentment toward or disregard? If so, what am I going to do about it?
20. Do I grumble and complain constantly?
21. Is Christ real to me?